Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
Let’s face it. Most of us don’t enjoy conflict, or do it well. Organisations are at times filled with colleagues arguing or disagreeing with each other and who don’t talk the issue through or resolve the problem.
The conflict gets worse. One thing’s for sure. Conflict may be ignored, but it never goes away, that’s for sure.
The statistics about women and conflict at work are interesting too. Women are twice as likely to be the recipient of rudeness in the workplace than their male counterparts and it has been found that more women mistreat women because they are likely to view them as competition for career advancement.
As women, we often struggle to resolve conflict well and often it’s because we don’t know how to do it well. So we are passive (say nothing), aggressive (strike out inappropriately) or passive-aggressive (talking about somebody behind their back or sabotaging workplace relationships for example).
In this 1-day interactive Program you will learn (amongst other things)
- What is conflict and how do we experience it at work as women?
- Identify the various clues and causes of conflict
- Emotional intelligence in conflict resolution
- The 3-phase conflict resolution process
- Human behaviour in conflict
- Key conflict resolutions skills and how to use them well as women in the workplace
- Humour and forgiveness in resolving conflict at work
Whenever you’re in conflict with someone there is one factor than can make a difference
between damaging and deepening it.
That factor is attitude.